Monday, September 1, 2008

St. Charles Children's Home 5K

Today I had the privilege to participate in the Rochester St. Charles Children's Home's 5K Road Race, held at the Pease International Tradeport. What a great fundraiser - over 1000 runners/walkers, etc plus many spectators. It was well organized and the hospitality shown to the runners and spectators was spectacular.

After the race I had the opportunity to read about the history, vision and daily life of this great children's home. It brought tears to my eyes. Their mission is to be family to abused, neglected or abandoned children and provide them with a stable home. Congratulations to the dedicated staff and volunteers who make this ministry possible and who made today's road race such a success.

If you are a runner or a walker/runner like me, (I finished #806 out of 1054) with a time of 37:52 - if I can do it you can too!), I urge you to mark your calender for next Labor Day and support this worthy ministry.

On the national campaign level, great job Senator McCain on a great VP pick! I have been watching news and You Tube clips and the more I see, the more excited I get about her quality, values, leadership and charisma. I believe that she will bring added excitement and enthusiasm to the McCain campaign and that she will be a rallying force for the fiscal and social conservatives that need to part of the McCain winning coalition.

Now about our campaign!
We are gearing up for the primary and need lots of you to help as sign holders at the polls on election day. And we will have many other volunteer opportunities, starting with the Rochester Fair the end of next week. We are having a Volunteer Appreciation Cookout at the Rochester Commons on Saturday evening at 6::00 to 8:00 PM. Contact me or Lydia at fentongroen@gmail.com or call 817-9352 (Fenton) or 369-1964 (Lydia, campaign mgr) to let us know where you can volunteer and if you can make it Saturday evening. Your help is need to bring common sense and financial responsibility back to Concord. We look forward to hearing from you.

No comments: