Saturday, October 18, 2008

17 Days Left

Hey everyone, remember the Desert Reception fundraiser on Monday night at 7:00 PM at the TriCity Christian School gym on Rocky Hill Road in Somersworth. Hope to see you all there.

I am wrapping up another busy day campaigning. Another day closer to victory on November 4. It was a beautiful day to be out enjoying the spectacular colors of God's creation, great fall weather and meeting and talking with citizens in District 6.

The morning started with the opportunity to speak to the Men's Group at Emmanuel Church on Eastern Avenue in Rochester, right across the street from the old Springfield House where our family lived in the late 80's. The men put on a great breakfast and showed great hospitality. Thanks to all of you for the opportunity to share my vision for New Hampshire with you.

From 11:00AM until 1:30 I enjoyed the Good Shepherd School Fall Festival with a great group of people in Haley's field across from Calef's Country Store in Barrington. I had the opportunity to meet and talk to many people from Barrington, Rochester and Nottingham. Thanks to all of you who shared your concerns and your ideas with me. This was the 25th fall festival planned and organized by the Good Shepherd School in Barrington. It was a spectacular success with food, crafts, activities, a silent auction and a regular auction. Again, the weather and setting were perfect.

This evening my wife Shirley and I were pleased to join the Barrington American Legion at the Barrington Elementary School for their annual spaghetti dinner fundraiser. We had a great time visiting with a number of old friends and new acquaintances. Thank you to the American Legion members for the great meal. But even more, thank you for your service to our country. May God bless you all.
For the rest of the day, Lydia and I squeezed in door to door campaigning. We continue to find the citizens of District 6 receptive to my message of fiscal responsibility, limited and lean government and the solid family values that made and make our state and nation great.

My friends, I am encouraged, energized and excited. I really look forward to being your representative in the NH Senate next January.

No comments: