Tuesday, October 7, 2008

28 Day Countdown

Greetings my friends,

Today marks the 4 week mark to the November elections. I would like to update you on what is happening.

As you know, this the first time that I am running for public office. I expected that running for state senate would be very hard work. But the work and the time demands have exceeded what I thought. It is one of the most interesting and challenging things that I have done in my life. Most days I can relate to one of Rush's favorite statements: "Having more fun than a human being ought to have." I have a strong sense of being where I belong and doing what I am supposed to be doing. We are out meeting people, meeting with community and business leaders and working hard to get out a message of fiscal responsibility and family values as we face a major deficit brought on by the overspending of our current legislature and attack and erosion of the values that have made our nation great.

I am committed to continue the exciting days of campaigning to make sure that no stone is left unturned to win this race and bring to the NH legislature my 35 plus years of small business experience, fiscally conservative philosophy of government and strong comittment to family values and the sanctity of life. But I cannot do it alone! I sincerely appreciate the many hours of volunteer work and generous donations on behalf of my campaign already contributed . To win, we will need a stepped up effort on all fronts as we accelerate toward the election. Here are some things that you can do to help:

  • Volunteer your time to help in many different areas: phone calls, computer work, door to door assistants and teams, envelope addressing, networking with friends and fellow voters, sign holding and so much more.
  • Help us with sign locations! Do you want a yard sign? Or would you like a 4x4 or 4x8 "billboard" sign at your home or business? Call us. We will get them out to you and set them up.
  • Help us financially. Running an effective campaign is an expensive operation. Direct mail is an essential, but very expensive, component. We have a number of mailings, each numbering in the thousands, that need to get out. You can help by donating $44 to cover the total cost of printing and mailing 100 pieces of literature. Or if you can, could you contribute $88 dollars to cover 200 pieces. Maybe you can cover the cost of 1000 pieces for $440 or you may already be maxed out but could contribute $22 to mail out 50 pieces. As many hands make light work, so many modest contributions can have a major effect.
  • Pray for me and our leadership team. For myself, for wise use of time and for wisdom and good judgement in what I say; for Lydia, my campaign manager as she works huge hours tirelessly organizing and running my campaign; for Mike Faeilla our events and issues coordinator; for Devin Robinson, our media and technology person and for Leah Roth, our tireless volunteer coordinator.
To help, you can contact Lydia, my campaign manager at 369-1964 or me at 817-9352. Or email us at fentongroen@gmail.com. To contribute, you can go to our website at fentongroen.org and click on "Contribute" or you can mail a check to Fenton Groen for Senate at PO Box 582, Barrington, NH 03825.

I said at the beginning that an effective campaign is a huge task! But with an enthusiastic team of voluteers, it a manageable task. Together we can win. Come on board with a winning team! You may not be able or feel called to run for office, but your help will change the State of NH as certainly as if you were running. Together we can win.

No comments: